Skills & Interests
*Spanish Bilingual is needed.
Availability & Frequency
References (for applicants working directly with patients/clients)
Involvement with RWC requires you to list two people who would be willing to provide a personal reference over the
phone. One reference is required to be your current Pastor and the other one from a person who knows you well for longer
than a year. The personal references cannot be immediate family members. Please provide list them below.
Please carefully read each of the four positional statements below and check the boxes to verify that you have read and agree with each statement. To be involved with RWC, you are required to sign an agreement to uphold each of the Positional Statements as stated. If you cannot agree to any part of the statements, please stop the application process at this point and speak with an RWC representative. Note: If you are not sure about your agreement or have a question about a statement, write this in the space at the end of the application and continue with the application.
- It is our position that every abortion claims an innocent life.
- We are painfully aware of the trauma surrounding pregnancies related to rape, incest, deformities of the developing child, and/or health risks to the mother. We exist, in part, to provide helpful intervention in such cases, but we do not find abortion to be either effective or morally acceptable as a method of reducing such trauma.
- In those extremely rare cases where continued pregnancy is reasonably expected to precipitate the mother’s immediate and literal death, we have been able to discover no clear biblical principle absolutely prescribing or recommending the act of abortion. In such cases, we encourage the parties involved to prayerfully consider the gravity of their decision and the merit of available alternatives. Furthermore, we commit ourselves to respect the decision of the parents and to provide whatever support is possible.
Statement of Faith*
- For far too long, “sex education” in our schools has concentrated on birth control instead of self-control. We believe that, so long as people engage in sexual relationships outside of marriage, there will continue to be great numbers of unplanned pregnancies, sexually transmitted diseases and broken lives.
- Much of the difficulty encountered in confronting the problems of young adult promiscuity and pregnancy stems from a paradox engendered by the birth control establishment. Though young people are taught that sex outside of marriage is “no big deal,” they sense its profound significance and so feel both permission and desire to become sexually active. This has produced ever-higher rates of young adult sexuality, pregnancy, abortion and disease -the very problems that expensive, tax-funded programs promised to prevent.
- RWC is working to reach young adults with the less appealing but more truthful message that sex can only be safe and loving within the context of a permanent, marital relationship.
- Our staff does not refer or provide patients with birth control.
*The above Statement of Faith is consistent with that of the National Association of Evangelicals.
Catholic Statement of Faith
Roman Catholics who are committed to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ may be permitted to serve within this non -profit organization without being required in any manner to compromise their beliefs. The tenets of our different denominations have much more in common than those that divide us. We share a common faith in Jesus Christ as God incarnate and a personal salvation that comes only through Him. Our commitment to follow Him as Lord of our lives is what inspires and motivates our pro-life ministry and service. Catholics, who are united with us in mission and faith in Jesus Christ, should not feel pressured to disregard those specific points of doctrine that divide us, but rather a commitment to work together united in Christ and as a living witness of His love for those whom we serve.
Statement of Principle
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Rockville Women’s Center is an outreach ministry of Jesus Christ through His church. Therefore, RWC is committed to presenting the gospel of our Lord to women in crisis pregnancies – both in word and in deed. In keeping with this purpose, those who serve the agency as board members, staff, and volunteers are expected to know Christ as their Savior and Lord.
- Rockville Women’s Center is committed to the highest degree of integrity in dealing with its patients, earning their trust, providing promised information and services, and avoiding any form of deception in its corporate advertising or individual conversations.
- Rockville Women’s Center offers assistance free of charge and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, marital status, race, or religious preference.
- Rockville Women’s Center provides accurate and complete information concerning prenatal development, abortion procedures and risks, and alternatives to abortion. Recognizing that abortion compounds human need rather than resolving it, this agency does not recommend, provide, or refer for abortions or abortifacients.
- Rockville Women’s Center is committed to meeting a woman’s need at the point of decision regarding an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy. Through emotional support and practical assistance, women may face the future with hope, and plan constructively for themselves and their babies.
- Rockville Women’s Center supports adoption as an excellent alternative to abortion for women experiencing unplanned and unwanted pregnancies. A list of referrals to adoption agencies and attorneys is available for those who find parenting to be impossible at this stage of their lives. However, this organization does not initiate or facilitate adoption for our patients, nor do we receive payment of any kind from these agencies.
- Rockville Women’s Center provides accurate and complete information on birth control, distinguishing between methods that prevent conception and abortifacients, but does not provide or refer unmarried patients for birth control. Married couples seeking contraceptive information are encouraged to seek counsel from their pastor and physician.
- Rockville Women’s Center is committed to encouraging sexual abstinence among those who are single, and fidelity within a marriage relationship.